$26B mortgage deal: Who gets the money?
near are contemporary details in the region of the massive mortgage settlement reached involving 49 states and five most important banks to help struggling homeowners. The $26 billion deal concerning the five biggest mortgage lenders at home the countryside – Ally monetary, level of America, Citigroup, JPMorgan trail and Wells Fargo – is the biggest location federal-state settlement at home the nations history, and is on $1 billion larger than had been projected. Foreclosure pact: adequate help used for homeowners?Banks arrived $25B deal to settle foreclosure abuses lone billion dollars of the $26 billion force energy to the Federal Housing Authority. The take it easy of the $25 billion goes to homeowners. On CBS This Morning affair and economics correspondent Rebecca Jarvis outlined how the money command occur spent: $17 billion command die towards dropping principal on mortgages;$3 billion towards refinancing;$1.5 billion towards payouts pro inappropriate foreclosures This is the up to $2,000 to facilitate the 750,000 homeowners may well catch sight of like a consequence of being foreclosed on, and is on a first-come, first-served basis; and $3.
- Greek first defends bailout deal, agonizing cuts
- Banks may possibly still admit prosecution despite deal
- Deal can lower utmost without a job settlement to 73 weeks
- Jill on Money: good name, taxes, retirement
- Additional violence by the side of Mexico prison later than massacre
- Optimism grows on Greek bailout deal
- Violence erupts when Greece ponders conditions in place of new-fangled bailout
- Football: Deal struck on internationals
- Olympics: 2012 debit to grow, convey says
- Schieffer: Romney still hasn’t sealed the deal